April is Alcohol Responsibility Month. This is a great time for teachers and parents to start conversations with tweens and teens about saying YES to a healthy lifestyle and NO to underage drinking.
Throughout the month, we will be sharing all kinds of information with you about helping kids make good choices. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- We will be active on social media sharing tips about preventing underage drinking. Be sure to follow us, as our PSAs featuring Simone Biles will be hitting Facebook all month long!
- We will introduce you to two new Superstars who help kids throughout the country–thanks to our partnership with Classroom Champions
- We will take part in the NBC Parent Toolkit Twitter chat on April 18 at 7:00 PM EST
- We will bring back Simone Biles late in the month for a very special activity in Washington, DC!
- And of course we will continue to update our blog with plenty of tips for parents, teachers, and kids—Let us know what you think!
Now let’s take action! Starting the conversation with middle schoolers can be tough. So in order to break the ice a little more easily, we created this short video to encourage kids to make good decisions. Watch it today! Share it with friends and colleagues! And then take the information and apply it throughout the month—and beyond!