April is Alcohol Responsibility Month, which is the perfect time talk with your kids about saying “NO” to underage drinking. In the past year, there may have been more on your mind than having these conversations. And that is fine! We know that it takes a village to help kids thrive, which is why we value working together with you to share tools and resources to start these conversations.
We’re thrilled to let you in on some exciting projects and materials we have been working on in recognition of Alcohol Responsibility Month:
- On April 22, our newest interactive digital exploration in partnership with Discovery Education goes live at www.discoverbrainbodybehavior.com!
- Our newest vocabulary worksheets test your kids’ knowledge about the developing brain and underage drinking – while keeping their own brains sharp!
- We’ve teamed up with our partners at Classroom Champions to share collaborative lesson plans and materials for educators.
- Each Wednesday during April, you will meet a new Classroom Champions athlete and find out their keys to living a healthy lifestyle in a quick Mindful Minute.
- Our friends Monica Burns at ClassTechTips, Leticia Barr at TechSavvyMama, and Carly Anderson at Lipgloss and Crayons are all sharing tips and suggestions for how to integrate Ask, Listen, Learn resources into your classrooms or homes – or both!
- Finally, check this out! We spoke with 32 Attorneys General about how parents can start the conversation with their kids about underage drinking using Ask, Listen, Learn.
We hope that you have a great month full of meaningful conversations empowering kids to say “YES” to a healthy lifestyle and “NO” to underage drinking. And remember that we have additional resources dedicated to educating kids about the importance of saying “NO” to underage cannabis use as well.
Be sure to keep up with us on our social platforms to see what other exciting activations we have in store.
Thank you for all that you do to keep kids healthy and safe. We are excited about the conversations you will start this month in the classroom and at home!