Today we launched the eighth segment in our suite of underage drinking prevention resources: a new unit focused on how cannabis affects the developing brain.
Our mission to keep kids alcohol-free is still at the forefront, but we also understand that kids don’t live in a vacuum and are faced with tough decisions – about many risky behaviors – each day. Recently, many in our community requested a unit on cannabis so they could expand the conversation with their kids, and we are thrilled to share these new resources with you.
This new unit includes:
- A primer for educators on cannabis to get to know more about the topic at hand
- Our eighth animated video focused on the developing brain
- A lesson plan complete with classroom activities and worksheets, aligned to national learning standards
- Vocabulary cards
- A letter to parents from a school counselor
- Information for parents to guide conversations at home, including two new videos featuring subject matter experts
As always, our programming is free, digital – perfect for virtual or face-to-face learning – and science-based. We hope these materials support your conversations about underage drinking prevention and ways to avoid risky behavior in an easy and engaging way.
Thank you for your continued support of our program and helping kids say “YES” to a healthy lifestyle and “NO” to underage drinking—AND underage cannabis use.
The Ask, Listen, Learn Team