Parents, how did unwrapping go!? Don’t worry, we’ve still got half the month to keep the conversations going.
We felt it was unfair to urge you to have conversations about tough topics, like underage drinking, without giving you some pointers on where to start! Here’s what we’ve got to say:
- What opportunities can you find within your holiday process that allows you some one-on-one time with your kid?
- Usually it’s easier to have tough conversations with your middle schooler when you’re not face-to-face.
- Are you doing any special activities during the holidays?
- 60% of Americans report that alcohol is a part of their family traditions around the holidays.
- Use it as an opportunity to talk about why kids can’t have alcohol, and parents can.
- 41% of American report that they cope with holiday stress by focusing on what’s important, that’s a ton!
- By explaining what’s really important, it instills special moral values that carry over into other parts of your kid’s life.
Partner is Crime, Not Punishment
- If you have a spouse or significant other to help with the childcare, make sure you’re both on the same page about messaging.
- Moms and dads deal with holiday stress differently. Be aware of how you interact with each other and use it to help your conversation with your kids, not confuse it.
This is so important for the holiday season, and we’re excited to hear how YOU #UnwrapTheConversation!